5.9.11

miami airport & end of summer report



11 > traveling to toronto for the first time alone, acrylic nail biting flight attendant wearily gripping my boarding pass / 18 > post spain expulsion, sprinting through the baggage claim and jumping into dad's arms while alligator tears rolled down my baby fat cheeks / 21 > being held at customs, trying to conceal the clanking of a duty free rum bottle buried in my bauer pack -now, 26, clicking on my laptop leaning against a peanut pillow eating an apple luiz packed for my trip home (but home is where you are)

new voicemail from dad, 6:45 this morning:

hi robin ann, welcome to the states! wanted to be the first one to call. please let your mum and i know when you get in, glad you're home. in houston right now, headed back to palm beach, hot sticky. talk to you soon.

can't can't wait to develop film and watch what happened to me in south america this time.



No comments: